Right, so I thought it would be great to write a HTML5 app in windows 8 since it’s supported and everything. The one thing I refuse to skip though is jQuery. So, I added jQuery 1.9.1 to my app, referenced it in my html-file and ran the app. The following popup showed up:
I searched the web and I found that the only solution that seems safe at the time of writing is to use a “fixed” version for Windows 8, supplied by a company called AppendTo. The files can be downloaded here:
Currently the latest jQuery release is 1.9.1 and the AppendTo conversion is 1.8.2 but it’s close enough and it works for me.
According to a couple of videos floating around and some articles on the subject the jQuery 2.0 release will have full support for Windows 8 so that should be great. But until then the AppendTo solution seems to be the best one out there.